I’M HELPING A COMPETITOR AS A SUPPORT CREW FOR THE EVENT CAN I CAMP WITH THEM?
We do have the option for rider support crew to camp with competitors and each competitor will can have three support crew names attached to their entry.
Each rider that enters will be able to submit and pay for support crew during their entry process and those support crew will receive camping and a discounted event entry ticket.
If you do have more such as a few extra young ones, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and we can sort that out with you.
This in place to ensure all our competitors have the option to take up camping first with the space available.
I’M JUST SPECTATING FOR THE WEEKEND CAN I CAMP ON SITE?
The event will only be able to accommodate competitors and their support crew for camping.
Remember, each entered rider can bring 3 support crew, so if you can hold an umbrella or fill a gas tank, get alongside your mates who are riding and cheer them on, and get them to add you to their support crew!
Boonah is the closest township only 10mins away with plenty of accommodation options, Ipswich and Beaudesert both only 25mins from the venue so plenty of great options close by.
WHEN ARE CAMPING TICKETS VALID FOR?
Thursday September 6 @ 2pm to Monday September 10 @ 11am is the period your camping ticket gives you access for. You can arrive at any point during this time you like, but it is a one-off camping fee that covers you for the whole event.
CAMPING COSTS – Competitors
CAMPING COSTS – Support Crew
Adults (18+): $70, includes discounted event entry ticket for the weekend
Children (5-17): $30, includes discounted event entry ticket for the weekend
Children Under 5: Free.
The camping charge allows us to set up a really cool area with plenty of entertainment – Friday Night Drags, Mini Speedway, Bands and facilities such as toilets and showers.
WHAT FACILITIES EXIST FOR CAMPING?
- Food and Beverage and Bars
- Entertainment in the evenings
- Free parking for campers’ vehicles
- All sites are non-powered. Small personal generators are allowed, but cannot run between 10pm and 7am
WHAT SIZE ARE THE CAMPSITES AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
Okay, it’s the first year for Day in the Dirt and space is limited at the venue for flat camping areas. So we are allocating the campsite spaces that will allow us to fit in a full field of riders. If we don’t have a full field of riders come the event day, we will give everyone more space for each campsite. We have three site sizes allocated, and remember that we also have parking for vehicles inside the venue. As this parking is close to the campsites, you can still access your vehicles, or use them to lock away valuables over the weekend. The sizes below do not include a vehicle, unless you want to fit it in:
- 12m x 6m – Large site for minimum 4 competitors (large tent/caravan plus support crew tent plus 6m x 3m pit tent)
- 6m x 6m – Standard site for minimum of 2-3 competitors (large tent/caravan plus support crew tent plus 3m x 3m pit tent)
- 6m x 3m – Small site for 1 competitor (small tent/swag plus 3m x 3m pit tent)
If you wish, you can park your car, van, ute, trailer where you set up your tent, but it will need to fit within your allocated space. If you don’t need to have your vehicle on your campsite, we have free parking for campers at the venue. So once you have unloaded and set up, you could move your car to the parking area for the weekend.
If you have a large RV or need a bigger site than 12m x 6m for some reason, you should get in contact with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT’S THE PROCESS WHEN WE ARRIVE ONSITE?
The venue will be open to receive registered campers during these times:
- Thursday, September 6: 2pm – 9pm
- Friday, September 7: 7am – 9pm
- Saturday, September 8: 7am – 1pm
If you want to camp alongside your buddies, you will need to arrive together in convoy as we cannot hold campsites. We have extended the check-in times to 9pm on Thursday and Friday to help with people coming in after work, but please bring suitable torches, etc, to set up your campsite if it is going to be dark (as the camping area will only have general lighting around the facilities). Please do not come outside of these times as the gates will be locked and staff will not be available to check you in.
THE ARRIVAL PROCESS
- When you arrive at the venue, your name will be checked off our list – whether you are a competitor or support crew, and you will be issued a camping wristband.
- Once you have been checked off, you will follow our staff’s direction to the camping area. Our staff will put you in the relevant-sized site, based on the number of riders you have with you at check-in.
OTHER THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Campers will be allowed to come and go from the venue in their vehicles to head to the nearby townships for supplies, parts, fuel, etc. If you think you will need to do this, please park your vehicle in the camping car park as it’s close the to entry gate and will mean you don’t need to get through people and the bike crossover points. Your wristband will allow you to come and go, so make sure you have it on.
- Small personal generators are allowed, just as long as they’re not running between 10pm and 7am.
- Small BBQs are allowed, as long as the gas bottle has a current valid test date or stamp. Please bring a small fire extinguisher with you if you intend on using a BBQ.
- You can bring in your own food to the venue for camping purposes, but keep in mind we will have some great food vans on site to serve up what you need.
- The option for campfires will be notified closer to the time, based on advice from the RFS.