WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH CAMPING?
You can camp on site from 2pm Thursday 29th August until 6pm Sunday September 1st. Do not arrive before 2pm on Thursday 29th as you will not be able to access the event.
Please ensure you give yourself and your crew plenty of time to complete sign on before you race (Allow at least 2 hours prior to your first race)
WHAT FACILITIES ARE ON SITE?
Bike wash bay
A great selection of food, drinks and bars.
Bands and entertainment in the evenings
Free parking for campers vehicles
IS THERE SEPARATE CAMPING FOR FAMILIES?
Yes, there is a dedicated family camping area located away from the general camping area. If you wish to stay in this family zone you must select it in the camping section of the entry process prior to the event. If you do not notify us of family camping you will be automatically allocated a space in the general camping area.
HOW BIG ARE THE CAMPSITES AND HOW DOES IT ALL WORK?
You need to purchase your campsite and it will be allocated to you prior to the event.
12m x 8m ($250) – Includes camping passes for 4 people. You may also purchase another two camping passes at $50 each. Maximum 6 people on this site.
8m x 6m ($125) Includes camping passes for 2 people. You may also purchase another two camping passes at $50 each. Maximum 4 people per site (Do not book this site if you plan on bringing a base station, RV or large caravan).
*A small amount of overflow parking will be available for cars that do not fit on your site, but please try and come together with your crew in one rig, it will make your camping space much more comfortable.
I’M NOT RIDING, BUT I’M COMING ALONG WITH MY PARTNER, OR HELPING OUT AS A SUPPORT CREW.
We do have the option for rider support crew to camp with competitors and each competitor can have support crew on their purchased campsite. (As long as it fits within the people allocation for each site).
If you do have more such as a few extra young ones, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and we can help you out.
This in place to ensure actual riders have the option to take up camping first with the limited space available.
I’M JUST SPECTATING FOR THE WEEKEND CAN I CAMP ON SITE?
Due to limited space and a large number of riders, the event can only accommodate competitors and their immediate support crew for camping on site. There will be no overflow or additional camping for spectators.
Boonah is the closest township only 10mins away with plenty of accommodation options, Ipswich and Beaudesert both only 25mins from the venue.
To see all the camping and accommodation options for the Scenic Rim area here: https://www.visitscenicrim.com.au/
WHAT’S THE PROCESS WHEN WE ARRIVE ONSITE?
The venue will be open to receive registered campers during these times:
Thursday, August 29: 2pm – 7pm
Friday, August 30: 7am – 7pm
Saturday, August 31: 7am – 4pm
Please do not come outside of these times as the gates will be locked and staff will not be available to check you in.
When you arrive at the venue, your name will be checked off our list – whether you are a competitor or support crew, and you will be issued your camping wristbands. You must notify us of any changes to your crew list prior to the event or they will not be permitted entry to the event.
Once you have been checked off at the gate you will be directed to your designated camping site.
IMPORTANT CAMPING RULES
- Security and Queensland Police will be on site for the duration of the event for your safety.
- No Alcohol may be bought into the event, there will be licensed areas on site at the event with well priced booze.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in the licensed areas of the event site and camping bar.
- Small personal generators are allowed but must be switched off by 10pm.
- All noise to cease by 12 midnight.
- There will be no open campfires permitted in the camping area at any time. Small BBQs are ok with a valid test date on the gas bottle. Please bring a small fire extinguisher with you if you intend on using a BBQ.
- You can bring in your own food to the venue and there will also be great food vans on site.
- Bikes of any type are not permitted to be started or ridden 30 minutes after the race schedule has finished each day. If you start or ride your bike after this time you will be removed from the event site immediately and your race wristband and transponder confiscated. no exceptions
- Anyone making excess noise, disturbing fellow campers or acting violently will be removed from the event site immediately. (No dickhead policy applies)